14 Ways To Prevent Blockages In Your Drainage System
Drainage Emergencies Seem To Have A Way Of Creeping Up At The Worst Times. Apart from it being unsightly, the possibility of it posing safety and health risks and even causing flood, air pollution and leakage abound. However, regular maintenance can help avoid these problems.
Factors that can cause a blocked drain are dead skin cells, hairs, grease, or tree roots growing inside the drainage pipes. Sometimes, the external main lines may contain large clogs, even when there are none in your house pipes.
With These Fourteen Maintenance Tips, You Can Prevent Our Drainage System From Getting Clogged Up
1. Minor clogs can be fixed with just a plunger.
2. Clean out debris in the drain by raising up the stoppers in your bathtub. In addition, make sure you rinse off the stopper before you return it to where it was originally.
3. If Hair Loss Is Something You Are Going Through, Make Sure That The Plug Has No Mesh When You Wash Your Hair In The Sink Or Tub. Just like you don't let food particles go down the kitchen drain, you shouldn't let your hair get into, and clog, the bath drain.
4. If you remove loose hairs before taking a bath then there will be less chance of a build - up in the drains.
5. Get grates installed over each drain in your house by hiring a plumber to do it. When Getting Your Drains Cleaned, Use A Drain Cleaner That Is Anti - Bacterial And Which Is Not Corrosive.
6. Prevent root intrusion in your drainage system by planting trees and flowers away from your pipework.
7. If you get a yearly contract with a drainage company, then you will benefit from inspections and servicing of your drains, even if you don't need to call on them. Drainage Herefordshire offers this kind of contract to people in and around Herefordshire. Let your family know about the upsides to maintaining your household's drainage system.
8. Do not use chemical cleaners on your drains to keep them strong. They will damage your pipes in the long run.
9. Your Drains Are For Water And Sewerage Waste. Dumping materials into it is a no - no.
10. Do not pour the following down the drain cosmetics, medicine, condoms, hair, gum, rice, meat, coffee, fat, oil and grease.
11. When it comes to your toilet only water, urine and human excretions should go down and nothing else.
12. Periodically, Do Some Easy Cleaning Of Your Own Using A Hooked Coat Hanger To Fish For Loose Material In Your Drains That Could Cause Future Blocking.
13. Occasionally, pour some hot salty water into your sink to dissolve any accumulating grease in your drains.
14. When it comes to drain system maintenance, there are a hundred more tips you can follow, even some that go against tradition. But, just ensure you avoid acidic solutions.
If you are having issues with your drainage system and you have tried all the aforementioned tips but to no avail and are not in a contract with a drainage company, don't apply too much force to your drain, as that can lead to damages you, of course, want to avoid. Rather, contact a plumber or drain specialist immediately. The specialists at Drainage Herefordshire are your best option if you live in or around Herefordshire.